Last Updated: 23/04/13 @ 8:30 pm
Today is Nomination Day and we see a number of surprises indeed. By noon time, the announcements will be officially made. Here are some news around the Internet and comments accorded. It will be updated when the Official information is made available.
Incumbent Ong Tee Kiat has stayed out of the nominations but his ex-private secretary (ex because he apparently resigned last night) filed his as an Independent. Malaysians can see that this is brewing to be a proxy fight against PKR’s Rafizi and MCA’s Gary Lim.
2. Pasir Mas
Perkasa’s Ibrahim Ali confirmed his nomination as an Independent after being left out of the BN list. However, Umno’s Che Johan refrained from filing his nomination papers making this a straight fight with PAS Nik Abduh. So, Umno had to do this longwinded way to save face to avoid direct linkage to Perkasa’s Ibrahim Ali and stepping aside for him in acknowledging Tun M’s endorsement of this man. There are two Perkasa men in the election this time, the other being Zul under Umno’s banner.
Update: Che Johan has been called to answer an internal Umno investigation as he did not submit his papers. It was understood that he may be sacked for not filing his papers under Umno.
3. DAP uses Rocket with RoS Approval
Lim GE tweeted that RoS hand delivered a letter stating they have no objections to the Rocket symbol being used in the GE13. All EC posts appears to have accepted the DAP nominations with the Rocket symbol. DAP was ready to use PAS and PKR symbols.
Incumbent Jenice Lee stepped in as an Independent after she was dropped by DAP in favor of a relatively unknown Tiew Way Keng. She tweeted that she was willing to rejoin DAP if she wins.
Updated: Jenice apologizes to Karpal Singh as she is determined to stand as an Independent to defend her seat. She is duly sacked from DAP.
5. Large number of Independent Candidates
There were a very large number of Independents who filed their nomination papers by the close of the session. Only a very small number of seats will see a straight fight. Time will tell if most of them will withdraw soon enough.
6. Kota Laksamana
A DAP parliamentary candidate for Kota Melaka submitted his nomination to stand as an Independent for the Kota Laksamana state seat. He is the second DAP member to defy the leadership and stands to be sacked. This is quite unbecoming of Sim and has thrown a spanner into the DAP and PR’s position to win more seats.
Updated: Sim announced that he has pulled out as an Independent for the Kota Laksamana seat.
7. Kuala Kangsar
Umno Wanita Deputy Chief resigned and submitted her papers to stand as an Independent for this Parliamentary Seat. She had publicly disagreed with Najib’s recommendation for her to stand in a state seat. She will fight Umno Wan Mohammad and PAS Khalil Idham Lim.
Updated: Kamilia denied that she was ever offered a seat as claimed by Najib. She is duly sacked from Umno along with a number of others who also filed to run as Independents.
8. Mas Gading
Incumbent Dr Tiki Lafe filed his papers as an Independent and poised to fight against BN/SPDP Anthony Nogeh and candidates from PKR and STAR. His declaration that he is BN-friendly has been rubbished by SPDP who kicked him out a while back.
9. Alor Mengkudu
Fadzil Hanafi of Umno filed his papers as an Independent candidate this morning causing ripples in the State Umno office. He will fight against the Umno and PAS candidates.
10. List by @tiewnama
1. Naib Ketua Wanita UMNO, Datuk Kamilia Ibrahim – Parlimen Kuala Kangsar
2. Bekas Timbalan Menteri Pertanian, Datuk Seri Mohd Shariff Omar – Parlimen Tasek
3. Ketua Pemuda UMNO Sepang, Suhaimi Mohd Ghazali – Parlimen Sepang
4. Ahli Jawatankuasa UMNO Sepang, Hanafiah Mohamed – Parlimen Sepang
5. Ketua Penerangan UMNO cawangan Sungai Besi, Mokhtar Salahudin – Parlimen
Bandar Tun Razak
6. Setiausaha Kerja UMNO Bandar Tun Razak, Mohamad Sukeri Abdul Samat – Parlimen
Bandar Tun Razak
7. Ahli UMNO cawangan Bukit Persekutuan, Rusli Baba – Parlimen Lembah Pantai
8. Ahli UMNO Subang, Datuk Edros Abdullah – DUN Kota Damansara
9. Ketua UMNO cawangan Sungai Buaya Selatan, Mustaf Talib – DUN Batang Kali
10. Bekas Ahli Dewan Undangan Negeri Tanjung Seri, Datuk Fadzil Hanafi – DUN Alor
11. Ahli UMNO Sungai Cawangan Limau, Sobri Ahmad – DUN Sungai Limau
12. AJK UMNO Bakri, Md Ghazali Salamun – DUN Bukit Naning
13. Timbalan Ketua UMNO cawangan FELDA Adela, Mohd Azaman Johari – Parlimen
14. AJK UMNO Ledang, Mohd Zan Abu – DUN Gambir
15. Ketua UMNO cawangan Parit Rabu, Yunos Mustakim – DUN Gambir
16. Ahli UMNO cawangan Kampung Banggol, Bekas Ahli Parlimen Setiu,
Mohd Yusop Majid – DUN Permaisuri
17. Bendahari UMNO cawangan Pekan Kertih, Zulkiflee Salleh – DUN Kemasek
18. Ahli UMNO cawangan Bukit Perah, Mohd Nuhairi Muhammad – DUN Ajil
19. Ahli UMNO cawangan Kampung Kubang Panjang, Ja’afar Jambol – DUN Alur Limbat
20. Ahli UMNO cawangan Kampung Ibol, Md Ali Mustafa bertanding – DUN Seri Menanti
21. Ketua UMNO cawangan Kikangsa Kayul, Jusbian Kenneth@Kini – DUN Kuala Penyu
22. Ahli Pemuda UMNO cawangan Sungai Sibugah, Mohd Arshad Abdul – DUN Sungai
23. Penyelaras BN Batu Kawan, A Mohan – Parlimen Batu Kawan, DUN Bukit Tengah
24. Penyelaras DUN Machang Bubuk, Ooi Suan Hoe – DUN Kuala Kubu Bharu
25. Ketua MCA cawangan Bandar Kuala Kubu Bharu, Yoong Tham Fook – DUN Kuala Kubu Bharu(?)